Let us Promote YOUR WINE for
you right here on eBay with our
Wine Consignment Software
Just watch the video above
We may additionally purchase your wine
Just contact us for particulars.
Ratings & Tasting notes:
According to Robert Parker: “For some thing causes, the 1979 Pichon-Longueville is gloriously supple and able to drink. It has abundant velvety, black currant fruit, a spicy, tarry, oaky bouquet, and gentle, precocious flavors.” (01/98)
Storage Historical past:
Purchased from an property sale in July 2019. The wine was saved in a wine cooler within the proprietor’s kitchen on the time of buy. Previous storage historical past is unknown. Item is discounted to mirror unknown provenance.
Note: The pictures signify the accurate bottle being offered.
Upper shoulder fill stage.
Excellent colour and readability as soon as sediments are left to settle.
Note: Please study our part regarding antique wines on the backside of the outline.
Alcohol Earnings Disclaimer:
Cultwines is taking part in a closed class of wine earnings on eBay. As a participant in this class, Cultwines needed to be pre-approved by using eBay prior to itemizing wine on the site. For more suggestions about wine earnings on eBay, please click on right here
Shipping Restrictions & Notes:
We can ship to ALL states Apart from here:
ALABAMA, ARKANSAS, DELAWARE, KENTUCKY, ILLINOIS, NEW YORK, MASSACHUSETTS, MISSISSIPPI, OKLAHOMA, AND UTAH
We compile 7% sales tax within the state of Florida
For more information on which states we can’t ship to and why, please click on right here
For all gadgets with FREE transport: Free shipping comprises FedEx floor transport at no cost in the Continental United states of america. Additional expenses will be utilized when transport to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico or any place else open air of the Continental United states of america. If you wish to buy the item and also you are living in such areas, you may additionally do so after which request an bill for the whole. If you’ve already paid for the merchandise we will ship you an extra bill for the change in transport. We recognize this may well be upsetting, but transport to such areas is over double the charge of shipping in the Continental United states of america. eBay has now not but devised a device the place the itemizing can instantly be free for the Continental US and calculated for the outer US states/territories. We say sorry ahead for this inconvenience.
International wine shipments are completely on the discretion of the Purchaser. International shipments are despatched with an expedited formula and always take three-5 days for beginning. However, with Overseas Shipments there may also be many delays linked to transit together with customs techniques, flight delays, weather delays and others. Furthermore, Cult Wines International Are not held responsible for overseas shipments in any method . Should the equipment be spoiled, damaged, broken, lost or seized by using customs, NO refunds may be given. If you’re International Purchaser, once you’ve paid for this merchandise you’re agreeing to these phrases. If you haven’t but paid or the merchandise has now not but shipped, and you want to cancel the transaction, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The buy of alcohol by using persons beneath the age of 21 is unlawful by legislations. You need to be at the least 21 years historic to buy and receive wine. By paying for wine listed by using Cultwines on eBay, or in any other case putting an order with Cult Wines Overseas, you are representing yourself to be at the least 21 years of age. Cult Wines Overseas reserves the appropriate to examine proof of age earlier than transport. Someone over the age of 21 need to be accessible to signal for the equipment upon beginning. Wine can’t be shipped to PO Bins.
Holds on Wine Shipment throughout Summer season Months:
Your wine will ship inside 24 hours, or on Monday if you are going to buy on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. However, we will carry cargo of your order when requested, and preserve your wine saved in our cellars unless the climate is more proper for wine cargo. To carry your order, please inform us within the “Comment” section of the order throughout checkout. Please additionally consist of the date which you’d like us to ship. We will carry you wine at no cost for up to five months.
Combined Shipping Coverage:
Most of our gadgets have free transport. However, if you purchase greater than 2 bottles from us which don’t have free shipping covered, you will nonetheless get a reduced shipping expense of $5.00 flat for all your bottles. If the mixed shipping does not complete up instantly upon checkout, please contact us earlier than paying and we’ll ship you an bill reflecting the shipping mixed.
Exception: Our $5.00 mixed transport rate comprises FedEx floor transport at best $5.00 for three bottles or more in the Continental United states of america. Additional expenses will be relevant when transport to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico or any place else open air of the Continental United states of america. If you wish to buy the item and also you are living in such areas, you may additionally do so after which request an bill for the whole. If you’ve already paid for the merchandise we will ship you an extra bill for the change in transport. We recognize this may well be upsetting, but transport to such areas is over double the charge of shipping in the Continental US. eBay has now not but devised a device the place the itemizing can instantly be $5.00 for mixed items within the Continental US and calculated for the outer US states/territories. We say sorry ahead for this inconvenience.
Regardless of the date or temperature throughout transport: Wine spoilage in transit is NOT lined. Expedited/overnight transport or transport insurance Doesn’t exchange this coverage. When paying for shipping coverage, remember that shipments are only lined for breakage throughout transport or finished lack of the equipment. If you have bought wine however are concerned about warmth spoilage or freezing temperatures, simply allow us to put the order on carry, and we will be able to ship when you desire.
If you make a decision to ship the wine throughout the summer season months, heat can create the wine to extend and push previous the cork. The wine may additionally arrive with a tiny little bit of wine that has seeped or leaked from the tablet. Some consumers may discover this upsetting, but customarily such brief-term heat publicity creates no harm to the wine itself. However, older vintages may also be extra fragile than more recent ones. Cool packs can be delivered to the cargo for a small payment need to you request. This should evade such seepage when mixed with expedited transport. Please be aware, that moderate leakage or seepage may also be common throughout transport and here is NOT a sound cause to come the wine for a reimbursement, and we will Now not supply one. We have techniques in location to evade this. Either wait unless the summer season months or pay for expedited transport with cool packs.
Cult Wines International additionally can’t assure the situation of the cork or caliber of the wine within the bottles. We don’t make the wine we promote. If you don’t just like the wine within the bottle, please take it up with the winery. On older vintages corks can cut back, and degrade. The cork may additionally destroy or disintegrate when you eradicate it. This is usual for older wines. We do our finest by using storing the wine in gold standard circumstances and precisely describing the situation of the bottles, but definitely this is so far as we will go when it involves caliber assurance.
Regarding Antique Wines:
Cult Wines International can’t assure the situation of the cork or caliber of the wine interior the bottles. Many of the antique wines we buy come from deepest collectors, hotels, restaurants and property earnings. We verify our wines carefully earlier than buy and never try to buy wine with negative provenance. Wines which we suppose have provenance issues may be discounted greatly and may be detailed within the description. We do our finest by using storing the wine in gold standard circumstances and precisely describing the situation of the bottles, but definitely this is so far as we will go when it involves caliber assurance. Wine is alive interior the bottle and adjustments over time. Cult Wines International can’t assure when the peak consuming window of a wine is. Older wines may well be previous their top in the event you open them. Older antique corks can cut back, and degrade. The cork may additionally destroy or disintegrate when you eradicate it. This is usual for older wines. There is all the time a chance with older wines. It’s so simple as that. You may additionally open one up and have one in every of the finest experiences of your existence. You may additionally open an analogous bottle and discover it be previous its most popular or oxidized. That is the inherent chance assumed by using the purchaser in the antique wine world.
Some consumers don’t know a way to drink older wines, and in turn turn out to be having a foul adventure for no reason aside from lack of expertise. If you buy a bottle 20 year historic or older, please take a look at these 7 assistance for enjoyment:
1. Keep in intellect that the lower the fill stage is of the wine interior the bottle, the more suitable opportunity the wine has oxidized. This isn’t a rule however quite a calculated chance. A wine at base neck or more suitable has in fact no chance of oxidization. A wine appropriate at midway mid-shoulder has a 35-40% chance of being oxidized. Below that, the risk continues increasing additional. Keep this in intellect when paying for.
2. Older wines have herbal sediment in them that accumulates with age. These are tannins which precipitate out of the wine over time. The colour of the wine will slowly fade from purple to brick red and even orange because the tannins accumulate and lump collectively to kind the sediment. This sediment may also be bitter when consumed however is innocent to fitness. However, for the finest drinking adventure, it is a good suggestion to drink sediment-free wine. Allow all antique wines to face upright for a number of days and even sometimes a number of weeks if the wine has very first-class sediments (as in older Burgundy or Champagne). Once the wine is obvious that you could proceed to uncork and decant the wine. Keep in intellect the last drinking location of the wine and preserve the wine there unless it settles. If you deliver an historic wine with you to a pal’s condominium or a cafe with plans of consuming it that night, you will disturb the sediments and make the wine inconceivable to correctly decant.
3. Do now not use a common corkscrew as older wines have corks which will effortlessly break throughout extraction. Purchase an ah-so or greater but a Durand. We have pulled out corks entire from 1945 bottles with a Durand.
4. Properly decant the wine. Purchase a decanter if you shouldn’t have one. We may not go into too tons element about decanting. There are many superb movies on YouTube which will exhibit you a way to correctly decant antique wine. However the concept of decanting is to steadily pour the wine into a distinct container whereas leaving (and without demanding) the sediment in the customary bottle. A small quantity of wine may be left in the customary bottle which is crammed with sediment and is customarily discarded. The decanter can now be swirled, handed round and poured without chance of sediment concerns.
5. Allow the wine to breathe. Older wines require less respiration time than more youthful wines, but still customarily want about 25-30 minutes for finest aromas and taste. These wines were cooped up in an enclosed container for a lot of years and infrequently can have a musty odor upon freshly opening. This will always go away upon respiration.
6. Do now not expect historic wines to style like greater types of younger wines. Older wines regularly taste fully distinct to their more youthful counterparts. They lose their fruity traits and their secondary complexities enhance. More earthy notes and minerality is to be anticipated. Most regularly the bouquet of wine improves over time, imparting a easy, rich taste with out the bitterness of a more youthful wine. However its depth decreases and the wine feels lighter and thinner within the mouth. To many individuals these traits are highly attractive, however there are many individuals who decide upon more youthful wines additionally. So simply do not expect you’ll take pleasure in an historic wine greater than a more youthful one.
7. Not all wines get greater with age. Bold, higher-end crimson wines, complex whites and dessert wines are those to improvement most drastically from age. Varietals which customarily get greater with age are as follows:
Riesling: A respectable Riesling can enhance, growing rounder in taste, virtually continually.
Cabernet Sauvignon: Bordeaux, California, and many other locations produce Cabs with the daring richness necessary to age smartly. However now not all Cabs will develop scrumptious secondary and tertiary flavors. This is stylish on the constitution, tannins, and richness of fruit necessary to delay to years of getting older. Typically the better-end Cabs are designed this fashion. Budget Cabs are not typically proper for getting older over 15-20 years.
Chardonnay: This is dependent upon acidity drastically. A wealthy, buttery Chardonnay may not have the structure critical to age well and may fall aside inside 5-7 years. Higher acidity Chardonnays with wealthy mineral tastes can very well enhance with getting older. Namely better-end French White Burgundies.
Sauternes: Some of the longest lived non-fortified wines on the earth. The mixture of sugar and alcohol supply these wines a virtually immortal lifespan and the complexities they can boost are limitless.
Fortified wine: Similar to Sauternes however even better in alcohol and a very low opportunity of oxidization. Port, Madeira etc age wonderfully as a result of their excessive portions of sugar and alcohol act to decelerate the getting older manner, meaning that they could open smartly after even tons of of years. Typically that you could open the bottle, pour a tumbler and go again to the bottle months later to have one other sip with the wine being fully unhurt.
Pinot Noir: This is drastically variable counting on the stage of Pinot. Budget Pinot tastes great and there is no deserve to hold onto it longer than 5-7 years. However many specialists carry that a smartly-aged Pinot is the holy grail of the wine world. High conclusion French Burgundies like Romanee Conti are regarded a travesty if opened too younger as their flavors can evolve unlike anything within the wine world.
Syrah: Most Syrahs age smartly, but best as much as a restrict–about 15 years.
Merlot: Merlot is a extremely forgiving wine when it involves age. Many bottles can taste superb younger, however they could still improvement from some time within the cellar. Higher conclusion Merlot like Petrus is well universal for getting older gracefully and fantastically.
Zinfandel: Like Cabernet Sauvignon, many Zinfandels have the capability to age to greatness.
Old Italian wines: Some varietals like Chiati don’t benefit tons from getting older. Barolo is among the world’s finest age-worthy wines. Brunello and Tremendous-Tuscans are additionally fabulous wines for getting older. Italian wines from the 50s and 60s age well as a result of they have been made by using farmers with primitive machine. Their wines ended up very excessive in tannins, making them perfect getting older candidates.