Let us Promote YOUR WINE for
you right here on eBay with our
Wine Consignment Software
Just watch the video above
We may additionally purchase your wine
Just contact us for particulars.
Ratings & Tasting notes:
Robert Parker’s Wine Recommend
The wine is certainly smartly above common for the old … Fruity, charming, supple, with a pleasing fruitiness… (1/1998)
A fairly and harmonious wine. Amber-red colour. Berry, cedar, ash, with suggestions of tea and tobacco. Medium-bodied, with medium silky tannins and a tobacco, cherry conclude. (8/2000)
Storage Historical past:
Purchased from an property sale in July 2019. The wine was saved in a wine cooler within the proprietor’s kitchen on the time of buy. Previous storage historical past is unknown. Item is discounted to replicate unknown provenance.
Note: The pictures symbolize the accurate bottle being bought.
This bottle’s cork has fallen into the bottle. Please verify the pictures and bid as a result.
The bottle continues to be sealed with the aid of the foil and isn’t leaking in any respect.
We can both ship the bottle as-is (It become shipped to us without concern)
Or we are able to put a brand new cork in it if you pick (and depart the different cork inner)
We offer expert re-corking services and might add a cork without concern upon your request.
Due to the situation of this bottle, there Aren’t any RETURNS on this merchandise!
Alcohol Revenue Disclaimer:
Cultwines is taking part in a closed class of wine revenue on eBay. As a participant in this class, Cultwines needed to be pre-approved with the aid of eBay prior to itemizing wine on the site. For more guidance about wine revenue on eBay, please click on right here
Shipping Restrictions & Notes:
We can ship to ALL states Apart from right here:
ALABAMA, ARKANSAS, DELAWARE, KENTUCKY, ILLINOIS, NEW YORK, MASSACHUSETTS, MISSISSIPPI, OKLAHOMA, AND UTAH
We compile 7% sales tax within the state of Florida
For more information on which states we can not ship to and why, please click on right here
For all objects with FREE delivery: Free shipping comprises FedEx floor delivery at no cost inside the Continental Us of a. Additional prices will be utilized when delivery to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico or any place else outdoors of the Continental Us of a. If you wish to buy the item and also you reside in such areas, you may also do so after which request an bill for the full. If you’ve already paid for the merchandise we will ship you an extra bill for the change in delivery. We recognize this can be upsetting, but delivery to such areas is over double the can charge of shipping inside the Continental Us of a. eBay has no longer but devised a gadget the place the itemizing can immediately be free for the Continental US and calculated for the outer US states/territories. We make an apology beforehand for this inconvenience.
International wine shipments are absolutely on the discretion of the Purchaser. International shipments are despatched with an expedited formulation and constantly take three-5 days for beginning. However, with Foreign Shipments there will also be many delays linked to transit together with customs approaches, flight delays, weather delays and others. Furthermore, Cult Wines International Should not held accountable for foreign shipments in any manner . Should the equipment be spoiled, damaged, broken, lost or seized with the aid of customs, NO refunds may be given. If you’re International Purchaser, once you’ve paid for this merchandise you’re agreeing to these phrases. If you haven’t but paid or the merchandise has no longer but shipped, and you want to cancel the transaction, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The buy of alcohol with the aid of persons below the age of 21 is against the law by legislations. You have to be as a minimum 21 years historic to buy and acquire wine. By buying wine listed with the aid of Cultwines on eBay, or in any other case inserting an order with Cult Wines Foreign, you are representing yourself to be as a minimum 21 years of age. Cult Wines Foreign reserves the appropriate to determine proof of age earlier than delivery. Someone over the age of 21 have to be accessible to signal for the equipment upon beginning. Wine can not be shipped to PO Packing containers.
Holds on Wine Shipment right through Summer season Months:
Your wine will ship inside 24 hours, or on Monday if you buy on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. However, we will carry cargo of your order when requested, and maintain your wine saved in our cellars except the climate is more relevant for wine cargo. To carry your order, please inform us within the “Comment” section of the order right through checkout. Please additionally consist of the date which you’d like us to ship. We will carry you wine at no cost for up to five months.
Combined Shipping Coverage:
Most of our objects have free delivery. However, if you purchase greater than 2 bottles from us which don’t have free shipping blanketed, you will nevertheless get a reduced shipping price of $5.00 flat for all your bottles. If the mixed shipping would not complete up immediately upon checkout, please contact us earlier than paying and we’ll ship you an bill reflecting the shipping mixed.
Exception: Our $5.00 mixed delivery rate comprises FedEx floor delivery at most effective $5.00 for three bottles or more inside the Continental Us of a. Additional prices will be relevant when delivery to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico or any place else outdoors of the Continental Us of a. If you wish to buy the item and also you reside in such areas, you may also do so after which request an bill for the full. If you’ve already paid for the merchandise we will ship you an extra bill for the change in delivery. We recognize this can be upsetting, but delivery to such areas is over double the can charge of shipping inside the Continental US. eBay has no longer but devised a gadget the place the itemizing can immediately be $5.00 for mixed items within the Continental US and calculated for the outer US states/territories. We make an apology beforehand for this inconvenience.
Regardless of the date or temperature right through delivery: Wine spoilage in transit is NOT coated. Expedited/overnight delivery or delivery insurance Doesn’t alternate this coverage. When buying shipping coverage, remember that shipments are only coated for breakage right through delivery or finished lack of the equipment. If you have bought wine however are concerned about warmth spoilage or freezing temperatures, simply allow us to put the order on carry, and we can ship when you desire.
If you make a decision to ship the wine right through the summer season months, heat can create the wine to extend and push previous the cork. The wine may also arrive with a tiny little bit of wine that has seeped or leaked from the tablet. Some consumers may discover this upsetting, but usually such brief-term heat publicity creates no harm to the wine itself. However, older vintages will also be extra fragile than more moderen ones. Cool packs can be brought to the cargo for a small charge must you request. This should evade such seepage when mixed with expedited delivery. Please bear in mind, that moderate leakage or seepage will also be common right through delivery and here is NOT a sound cause to come back the wine for a reimbursement, and we will No longer furnish one. We have methods in location to evade this. Either wait except the summer season months or pay for expedited delivery with cool packs.
Cult Wines International additionally can not assure the situation of the cork or caliber of the wine within the bottles. We don’t make the wine we promote. If you don’t just like the wine within the bottle, please take it up with the winery. On older vintages corks can reduce, and degrade. The cork may also spoil or disintegrate when you eradicate it. This is typical for older wines. We do our finest with the aid of storing the wine in most appropriate circumstances and precisely describing the situation of the bottles, but surely this is so far as we are able to go when it involves caliber assurance.
Regarding Old Wines:
Cult Wines International can not assure the situation of the cork or caliber of the wine inner the bottles. Many of the old wines we buy come from deepest collectors, hotels, restaurants and property revenue. We verify our wines carefully earlier than buy and never try to buy wine with terrible provenance. Wines which we consider have provenance issues may be discounted greatly and may be detailed within the description. We do our finest with the aid of storing the wine in most appropriate circumstances and precisely describing the situation of the bottles, but surely this is so far as we are able to go when it involves caliber assurance. Wine is alive inner the bottle and adjustments over time. Cult Wines International can not assure when the peak ingesting window of a wine is. Older wines can be previous their top in case you open them. Older old corks can reduce, and degrade. The cork may also spoil or disintegrate when you eradicate it. This is typical for older wines. There is all the time a chance with older wines. It’s so simple as that. You may also open one up and have certainly one of the finest experiences of your lifestyles. You may also open an analogous bottle and discover or not it’s previous its leading or oxidized. That is the inherent chance assumed with the aid of the purchaser in the old wine world.
Some consumers don’t know the way to drink older wines, and in turn turn out to be having a nasty event for no reason apart from lack of skills. If you buy a bottle 20 year historic or older, please take a look at these 7 counsel for enjoyment:
1. Keep in intellect that the lower the fill stage is of the wine inner the bottle, the improved opportunity the wine has oxidized. This isn’t a rule however somewhat a calculated chance. A wine at base neck or improved has really no chance of oxidization. A wine appropriate at midway mid-shoulder has a 35-40% chance of being oxidized. Below that, the risk continues increasing additional. Keep this in intellect when buying.
2. Older wines have herbal sediment in them that accumulates with age. These are tannins which precipitate out of the wine over time. The colour of the wine will slowly fade from purple to brick red and even orange because the tannins accumulate and lump collectively to kind the sediment. This sediment will also be bitter when consumed however is innocent to fitness. However, for the finest drinking event, it is a good suggestion to drink sediment-free wine. Allow all old wines to face upright for a few days and even sometimes a number of weeks if the wine has very exceptional sediments (as in older Burgundy or Champagne). Once the wine is obvious that you can proceed to uncork and decant the wine. Keep in intellect the last drinking location of the wine and maintain the wine there except it settles. If you convey an historic wine with you to a chum’s condominium or a cafe with plans of ingesting it that night, you will disturb the sediments and make the wine unattainable to correctly decant.
3. Do no longer use a typical corkscrew as older wines have corks which will effortlessly break right through extraction. Purchase an ah-so or greater but a Durand. We have pulled out corks complete from 1945 bottles with a Durand.
4. Properly decant the wine. Purchase a decanter if you shouldn’t have one. We may not go into too a good deal element about decanting. There are many first rate movies on YouTube which will display you the way to correctly decant old wine. However the concept of decanting is to steadily pour the wine into a unique container whereas leaving (and without annoying) the sediment in the customary bottle. A small quantity of wine may be left in the customary bottle which is crammed with sediment and is usually discarded. The decanter can now be swirled, handed round and poured without chance of sediment considerations.
5. Allow the wine to breathe. Older wines require less respiration time than more youthful wines, but still usually want about 25-30 minutes for finest aromas and taste. These wines were cooped up in an enclosed container for a lot of years and sometimes can have a musty scent upon freshly opening. This will constantly go away upon respiration.
6. Do no longer expect historic wines to style like greater models of younger wines. Older wines frequently taste absolutely distinct to their more youthful counterparts. They lose their fruity features and their secondary complexities boost. More earthy notes and minerality is to be anticipated. Most frequently the bouquet of wine improves over time, imparting a clean, rich taste with out the bitterness of a more youthful wine. However its depth decreases and the wine feels lighter and thinner within the mouth. To many americans these features are highly fascinating, however there are many americans who pick more youthful wines additionally. So simply do not expect you’ll take pleasure in an historic wine greater than a more youthful one.
7. Not all wines get greater with age. Bold, higher-end purple wines, complex whites and dessert wines are those to improvement most enormously from age. Varietals which usually get greater with age are as follows:
Riesling: A decent Riesling can enhance, growing rounder in taste, virtually invariably.
Cabernet Sauvignon: Bordeaux, California, and many other locations produce Cabs with the daring richness essential to age smartly. However no longer all Cabs will develop scrumptious secondary and tertiary flavors. This is elegant on the constitution, tannins, and richness of fruit essential to delay to years of getting older. Typically the larger-end Cabs are designed this fashion. Budget Cabs don’t seem to be typically relevant for getting older over 15-20 years.
Chardonnay: This is dependent upon acidity enormously. A wealthy, buttery Chardonnay may not have the structure indispensable to age well and may fall aside inside 5-7 years. Higher acidity Chardonnays with wealthy mineral tastes can very well enhance with getting older. Namely larger-end French White Burgundies.
Sauternes: Some of the longest lived non-fortified wines on the earth. The aggregate of sugar and alcohol provide these wines a virtually immortal lifespan and the complexities they can enhance are limitless.
Fortified wine: Similar to Sauternes however even larger in alcohol and an exceptionally low opportunity of oxidization. Port, Madeira etc age wonderfully as a result of their excessive portions of sugar and alcohol act to decelerate the getting older manner, meaning that they could open smartly after even a whole lot of years. Typically that you can open the bottle, pour a tumbler and go again to the bottle months later to have an additional sip with the wine being absolutely unhurt.
Pinot Noir: This is enormously variable counting on the stage of Pinot. Budget Pinot tastes great and there is no should dangle onto it longer than 5-7 years. However many specialists carry that a smartly-aged Pinot is the holy grail of the wine world. High conclusion French Burgundies like Romanee Conti are regarded a travesty if opened too younger as their flavors can evolve unlike the rest within the wine world.
Syrah: Most Syrahs age smartly, but most effective as much as a restrict–about 15 years.
Merlot: Merlot is a really forgiving wine when it involves age. Many bottles can taste first rate younger, however they could still improvement from some time within the cellar. Higher conclusion Merlot like Petrus is well universal for getting older gracefully and fantastically.
Zinfandel: Like Cabernet Sauvignon, many Zinfandels have the skill to age to greatness.
Old Italian wines: Some varietals like Chiati don’t benefit a good deal from getting older. Barolo is among the world’s finest age-worthy wines. Brunello and Tremendous-Tuscans are additionally unbelievable wines for getting older. Italian wines from the 50s and 60s age well as a result of they have been made with the aid of farmers with primitive device. Their wines ended up very excessive in tannins, making them perfect getting older candidates.